Call for Scripts
Theatre Suburbia, Northwest Houston's longest running all volunteer playhouse, is always looking for new works to produce. Our theatre has a rich and long history of bringing new works to the stage for Houston audiences. Deadline for submissions for the next season is January 31, 2022.
To qualify for consideration, the scripts should conform to the following guidelines:
• The script must have a running time between 90 and 120 minutes.
• The script should contain no more than 12 characters. Characters must be a minimum of 10 years old. Remember: children can be difficult to cast and this may affect final selection.
• The Theatre Suburbia venue is generally a family friendly venue, and as such submissions should not include nudity, and profane or vulgar language should be germane to the story and kept to a minimum when possible.
• Set requirements should be simple with a minimum number of locations (house, yard, street scene, etc), and can be designed for either theatre in the round or a three-quarter thrust setting.
• Any agreed to production can be subject to Royalty, and will be subject to written contractual agreement between Playwright and Theatre Suburbia.
• Author may, at the theatres discretion, have limited input into the producing of the script. The director and Theatre Suburbia have final authority on the production i.e. casting, set etc.
• The script should be submitted to Theatre Suburbia, Inc., attention Doris Merten, PO Box 920518
Houston, TX 77292-0518 no later than January 31, 2022. If the script is to be returned if it not accepted, please enclose a self-address envelope for the return. Scripts may be submitted via email to email@example.com
• For questions or clarifications a message may be left on Line #4 for Doris, at 713-682-3525 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
. attn: Doris Merten We welcome your scripts.